In this post, we will be covering the Indian Stores online in Germany from which you can buy your monthly groceries with ease. We all have been struggling during the time of Pandemic to go out and buy groceries.
So if are you looking for the best ways to purchase Indian groceries in Europe? then Let me help you decide.
Now I get it, while I was coming to Germany I brought all the essentials with me. But they weren’t enough to survive throughout. Usually, I use to go to Indian stores to buy groceries in Frankfurt. However during the time of Pandemic and lockdown. I was forced to look for options to buy Indian Groceries online and it was then when I realized that there are handful of websites which delivers what it promises and it was just matter of searching.
So without further adieu, Let us dig in to find the Indian Stores online in Germany.
Why I decided to look for Indian Stores Oline in Germany?
Well, let us just forget that its a time of Pandemic. Because all hands down during this time buying online is the safest thing which you can do.
So let us forget that it is time of Pandemic, I usually shopped everything from Frankfurt which was 36 Km away from the place where I used to live, So I usually spent around 9 Euro just for travelling to buy Indian Groceries every month. So buying online saves the efforts as well as event the cost of commute to me. Because nevertheless the cost of the product are almost same either ways.
Indian Stores Online in Germany – Advantages
- Door delivery – I don’t have a car. So, this is so convenient for me. I don’t want to carry 20kgs of atta and rice(combined) in tram/s-Bahn
- Comparatively cheap – The local Indian stores have to cover the costs of the offline shop. You can always compare the prices also there are some offers and sales on the product which you can see on their websites.
- Multiple payment options – Most of the time, the local stores do not accept cards. The online stores have lots of payment options
- Convenient – I love the comfort of sitting at home and ordering online
- Delivery across Europe – Since all of the online stores use postal services (DHL, DPD, etc.,) I can get the Indian grocery
Indian Stores Online in Germany – Disadvantages
- Shipping time – They do not have same-day or next-day delivery. However, there are many who have started offering next-day delivery.
- Testing products – We cannot check the products before-hand.
- Returns – As per the previous point, returning products in Germany is quite a task because you have to send the product back via a post on your own.
- Fresh products – We cannot buy fresh products (For eg: vegetables). Some online stores offer this, but it is not so recommended unless they are really vouching to deliver the next day.
By this time, if you’re convinced about the online Indian grocery stores, then please proceed. Or else, go back to the advantages and read again *wink-wink*
Which is the best Indian grocery store online?
If you’re new to buying Indian groceries online, then you might need to consider the following points before you choose your online Indian store.
- Free shipping cost – Most of the online stores offer FREE shipping above certain buying limit
- Product catalogue – Not all the Indian stores have all the brands. If you are specific about a certain brand, it is better to check before to see your product is listed or not.
- Return policy – Different stores have a different return policy. You might need to check this out before you place your order.
So, Let us dig to the list of Indian Stores online in Germany.
Now I would like to start with this Indian Grocery store because I always order products from here only most of the time. Also, my experience is all in all positive for this website. It usually delivers product in two days from date of order so the delivery time for the product is pretty good as well.
Indian Store Stuttgart
Next on our list of Indian Stores online in Germany is this company from Stuttgart. By far I was able to find this website only which offers free delivery within Germany at cost of 19€ which is a win-win situation in the case when you want to order light stuff. The Indian Store Stuttgart is the largest grocery store in Baden Württemberg region established in 1990.
Now, this is another website which offers Indian groceries product online in Germany. However, the website is really not user friendly at all. This is my personal feedback around this. You can check that out on your own.
Another Indian Online Grocery shop from Berlin is Indische Lebensmittel. I wonder why they ended up picking German name for Indian shop.
Another local Indian Shop in Berlin which do offers the online delivery system. “India Store” is an online supermarket for Indian & Bollywood products of many kinds.
One company from Frankfurt, well this is the Indian store which I use to visit in Frankfurt. They can really use some work on the website design as it is not helping at all. They do have good list of product catalogue.
Another online Indian store in Europe which is based out in Germany and ship to several other European countries. This is a fairly new one in the mob to buy Indian Grocery online in Germany.
Another online Indian grocery store which offers fruits and fresh vegetables as well. This store is based out in the capital of Germany Berlin.
This was our list of Indian Groceries Store Online in Germany. If you have any other stores from which you have bought Indian products do let us know in comments so that we can include that in our post.
If you looking for Travel Agencies in Europe to plan your Europe trip on a budget then read in our post Travel Europe on Budget.
We have also covered one go-to guide for travel in Germany, you can read Cheap Ways to Travel Around Germany | Transportation Guides.
If you are thinking of travelling alone – Here are the recommendation for Top European Countries for Solo Female Travel In Europe. We also covered some interesting topic around the cheapest place to visit in Europe.