Disneyland Paris is a magical wonderland that has captured the hearts of millions of visitors from all around the world. Nestled in the stunning French countryside, this enchanting resort boasts an incredible array of thrilling rides, entertaining shows, and engaging attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what makes Disneyland Paris so special and explore the many wonders that await you on your next visit.
Disclaimer – Chasing Whereabouts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
The History of Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris has a rich and fascinating history that began back in 1984 when the Walt Disney Company announced its plans to build a European version of its iconic theme park. After years of planning and construction, Disneyland Paris finally opened its doors to the public in April 1992, and it has been delighting visitors ever since. Today, the resort boasts two incredible theme parks, a variety of hotels and restaurants, and countless other attractions that continue to draw visitors from all over the world.
The Disneyland Paris Parks
The Disneyland Paris resort is home to two incredible theme parks that offer visitors an unforgettable experience. Here’s a closer look at what each park has to offer:
- Disneyland Park: This is the original park that started it all. Here, visitors can explore five enchanting lands that are filled with thrilling rides, engaging attractions, and entertaining shows. From the classic fairytales of Fantasyland to the thrilling adventures of Adventureland, there’s something for everyone in this magical park.
- Walt Disney Studios Park: This newer park is dedicated to all things Hollywood and offers visitors a behind-the-scenes look at some of their favorite movies and TV shows. With thrilling rides like the Tower of Terror and the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, as well as a variety of shows and attractions, this park is a must-visit for any movie buff.
The Rides and Attractions
One of the main reasons visitors flock to Disneyland Paris is for the incredible rides and attractions. Here are some of the top picks:
- Space Mountain: This thrilling roller coaster takes visitors on a high-speed journey through space, complete with twists, turns, and drops that are sure to leave you breathless.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: This classic coaster takes visitors on a wild ride through an abandoned gold mine, complete with twists, turns, and a dramatic finale that’s not to be missed.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: This immersive boat ride takes visitors on a journey through a pirate-infested Caribbean island, complete with animatronic pirates, treasure, and plenty of adventure.
- It’s a Small World: This classic ride takes visitors on a charming boat ride through various regions of the world, showcasing different cultures and traditions along the way.
The Shows and Entertainment
In addition to the incredible rides and attractions, Disneyland Paris is also known for its world-class shows and entertainment. Here are some of the top picks:
- Disney Illuminations: This incredible nighttime show features stunning fireworks, projections, and special effects that bring the magic of Disney to life like never before.
- Mickey and the Magician: This engaging stage show features Mickey Mouse and a cast of other beloved Disney characters as they perform dazzling magic tricks and musical numbers.
- The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands: This incredible stage show brings the iconic movie to life through stunning choreography, music, and breathtaking performances.
Tips for Visiting Disneyland Paris
Visiting Disneyland Paris can be an exciting and magical experience, but it’s important to be prepared for the crowds and long lines. Here are some tips to help make the most of your visit:
- Arrive early: The parks tend to be less crowded in the morning, so arriving early can help you beat the crowds and get a head start on your day.
- Use FastPass: FastPass is a free system that allows you to reserve a spot in line for certain attractions. Use it to save time and avoid long lines.
- Stay on-site: Staying at one of the Disneyland Paris hotels can be a great way to make the most of your visit. You’ll be close to the parks, have access to exclusive perks and amenities, and be able to take advantage of early admission.
- Plan your meals: The restaurants at Disneyland Paris can get crowded, so it’s a good idea to plan your meals in advance. Consider making reservations or bringing your own food and snacks.
Budget-Friendly Hotels near Disneyland Paris
Hotel Kyriad is a popular choice for families looking for a budget-friendly hotel near Disneyland Paris. This 3-star hotel offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and flat-screen TVs. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar on-site, as well as a free shuttle to and from the park.
Explorers Hotel is another great option for families on a budget. This 3-star hotel features a fun pirate theme and offers spacious family rooms with bunk beds for the kids. The hotel also has a water park and play area, as well as a restaurant and bar on-site. A free shuttle to and from the park is also available.
Hotel Santa Fe
Hotel Santa Fe is a 2-star hotel located just a short walk from Disneyland Paris. The hotel features a fun Cars-themed decor and offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and air conditioning. The hotel also has a restaurant on-site, as well as a free shuttle to and from the park.
B&B Hotel is a budget-friendly option located just 10 minutes from Disneyland Paris. This 2-star hotel offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. The hotel also has a restaurant on-site and offers a continental breakfast for an additional fee. A shuttle to and from the park is also available for a small fee.
Hotel ibis budget Marne la Vallée Pontault Combault
The Hotel ibis budget Marne la Vallée Val d’Europe is a budget-friendly option located just a few miles from Disneyland Paris. This 2-star hotel offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. The hotel also has a 24-hour front desk and a vending machine for snacks and drinks.
How to reach Disneyland Paris?
- Train: The easiest way to reach Disneyland Paris is by taking the RER A train from Paris. The train runs regularly from major train stations such as Charles de Gaulle Etoile, Auber, Chatelet Les Halles, and Gare de Lyon. The journey takes around 40-50 minutes, and the train stops at the Marne-la-Vallee/Chessy station, which is located just a few minutes’ walk from the park. The cost for this at the moment is around 5 Euro.
- Bus: The Magic Shuttle bus service runs between Paris and Disneyland Paris, with several departure points throughout the city. The journey takes around an hour, depending on traffic, and the bus drops off passengers at the Disneyland Paris bus station. The cost of one way travel ticket is 24 Euro and more information can be checked from here.
- Car: If you have a car, you can drive to Disneyland Paris from the city center. The journey takes around 40 minutes, depending on traffic. There is a large parking lot available for visitors at Disneyland Paris, although parking fees can be high.
- Taxi: Taxis are available throughout Paris and can take you directly to Disneyland Paris. The journey takes around 40 minutes, depending on traffic. However, taking a taxi can be expensive. You can check the cost a book a Taxi Transfer.
Overall, taking the train is the easiest and most cost-effective way to reach Disneyland Paris from the city center of Paris. The Magic Shuttle bus service is a good option for those who want door-to-door service, while driving or taking a taxi can be more expensive.
Where to buy Disneyland Paris Tickets?
Check out the availability of Disneyland Paris tickets from our partner.
Is Disneyland Paris open all year round?
Yes, Disneyland Paris is open 365 days a year. However, some attractions may be closed during certain seasons or for maintenance.
How much does it cost to visit Disneyland Paris?
The cost of visiting Disneyland Paris depends on a variety of factors, such as the time of year, the length of your stay, and the type of ticket you purchase. Check the official website for up-to-date pricing information.
Can I bring my own food and drinks into the park?
Yes, you are allowed to bring your own food and drinks into the park. However, glass containers and alcohol are not permitted.
What languages are spoken at Disneyland Paris?
Disneyland Paris is a multilingual park, and staff members speak a variety of languages, including English, French, Spanish, Italian, and German.
Disneyland Paris is truly a magical destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, a fan of Disney movies, or just looking for a fun family vacation, this enchanting resort has it all. From the thrilling rides and entertaining shows to the delicious food and charming atmosphere, Disneyland Paris is a must-visit destination that is sure to leave you enchanted and delighted. So why not start planning your next visit today? The magic of Disneyland Paris awaits!