Winter is the perfect time to escape to a cosy cabin in Europe with your loved one. Whether you’re looking for a snowy retreat in the Alps or a rustic cabin in Europa del Este, there are plenty of dreamy winter cabins to choose from.
These cabins offer a cosy and romantic atmosphere, perfect for snuggling up with your partner and enjoying the beauty of a winter landscape. From crackling fireplaces to luxurious amenities like hot tubs and saunas, winter cabins in Europe provide the perfect setting for a romantic getaway.
So without further adieu let me share with you the Winter Cabins in Europe which you can book for your Romantic Getaway.
Cozy and Romantic: The Charm of Winter Cabins
There’s something undeniably charming about winter cabins. The crackling of a fireplace, the warmth of a hot tub, and the beauty of a snowy landscape all add to the romantic atmosphere.
Winter cabins offer a cosy and intimate setting, perfect for spending quality time with your loved one. Whether you’re cuddling up by the fire or enjoying a soak in a hot tub, these cabins provide the perfect backdrop for romance.
Top 10 Dreamy Winter Cabins in Europe
If you’re looking for the ultimate romantic winter getaway, here are the top 10 dreamy winter cabins in Europe:
|Cabin||Star Rating||Average Cost per Night||Booking link|
|Chalet Zermatt Peak, Switzerland||4⭐||$9,580||Chequea aquí|
|Arctic TreeHouse Hotel, Finland||4⭐||$1,000||Chequea aquí|
|Hütte am See, Austria||4⭐||$200||Chequea aquí|
|Icehotel, Sweden||4⭐||$1,000||Chequea aquí|
|Log Cabin, Norway||4⭐||$150||Chequea aquí|
|Chalet Les Brames, France||5⭐||$2,000||Chequea aquí|
|Wooden Cottage, Romania||4⭐||$100||Chequea aquí|
|Mountain Lodge, Italy||4⭐||$200||Chequea aquí|
|Wooden Chalet, Czech Republic||4⭐||$100||Chequea aquí|
|Snow Igloo Village, Switzerland||3⭐||$200||Chequea aquí|
1. Chalet Zermatt Peak, Switzerland: This luxurious cabin in the Swiss Alps offers stunning views of the Matterhorn and features amenities like a private spa, cinema room, and outdoor hot tub.
2. Arctic TreeHouse Hotel, Finland: Located in Rovaniemi, Finland, this unique cabin offers panoramic views of the Arctic landscape and the chance to see the Northern Lights from the comfort of your own bed.
3. Hütte am See, Austria: Nestled in the Austrian Alps, this charming cabin is located right on the shores of Lake Wolfgang and offers breathtaking views and easy access to winter sports activities.
4. Icehotel, Sweden: This iconic hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden, is made entirely of ice and snow and offers a truly unique winter experience. Each room is individually designed by artists from around the world.
A Winter Wonderland: Cabins in the Alps
Looking for a cozy and magical winter getaway? Look no further than the Alps, home to some of the most stunning scenery and charming cabins in the world. Here are three of our top picks for a winter wonderland escape:
Imagine waking up to breathtaking views of Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in the Alps. That’s what you can expect at Chalet les Marmottes, a luxurious chalet nestled in the heart of the Chamonix Valley.
With five bedrooms, five bathrooms, a sauna, a hot tub, and a swimming pool, this chalet has everything you need for a relaxing and unforgettable stay. And when you’re ready to explore, Chamonix town is just a stone’s throw away, offering a variety of restaurants, bars, and shops.
Located in the picturesque village of Zermatt, at the foot of the Matterhorn, Chalet Edelweiss is a traditional Swiss chalet that exudes warmth and charm.
With four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a fireplace, and a balcony with stunning views of the Matterhorn, this chalet is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Swiss Alps.
Plus, the chalet is just a short walk from the Matterhorn ski resort, where you can experience some of the world’s best skiing.
For a modern and sophisticated alpine retreat, look no further than Chalet Alpengruss in the vibrant resort town of Kitzbühel.
This three-bedroom, three-bathroom chalet boasts a sauna, a hot tub, and a swimming pool, ensuring you’ll have everything you need to relax and recharge. And when you’re ready to hit the slopes, the Kitzbühel ski resort is just around the corner, offering world-class skiing and snowboarding opportunities.
Snowy Retreats: Cabins in Scandinavia
Scandinavia is known for its snowy landscapes and cozy cabins. From Norway to Sweden to Finland, there are plenty of options for a romantic winter getaway. Cabins in Scandinavia offer a chance to see the Northern Lights, as well as enjoy winter sports like skiing and snowshoeing. Many of these cabins are located in remote and secluded areas, providing the perfect opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy some quality time with your loved one.
This cosy log cabin is located in the heart of Sweden, surrounded by nature and tranquillity. You can enjoy the views of the lake and the forest from the spacious living room, or relax in the sauna after a day of skiing or hiking.
The cabin can accommodate up to four people, with a fully equipped kitchen, a fireplace, and a private bathroom. You can also explore the nearby attractions, such as the Värmland Museum, the Värmland National Park, and the Stora Alvaret ski resort.
- Book the Cabin Here: Winter Log Cabin Escape in Värmland (Sweden)
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 802
Aurora Lodge Escape in Lapland (Sweden)
If you want to experience the magic of northern lights from your own log cabin, this is the place for you. This charming lodge is situated in Lapland, close to Rovaniemi, Santa Claus Village, and Abisko National Park.
You can enjoy a full-board stay with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks included. You can also choose from various activities, such as dog sledging, snowmobiling, ice fishing, snowshoeing, and more.
- Book the Cabin Here: Aurora Lodge Escape in Lapland (Sweden)
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 449
Chalet Robin des Bois in La Clusaz (France)
If you are looking for a luxury winter retreat with stunning views of the mountains and valleys of France’s Alps, this chalet is ideal for you.
This elegant chalet is located in Manigod village, near La Clusaz ski resort. It offers spacious rooms with balconies or terraces overlooking the scenery. It also has a restaurant that serves local cuisine with organic ingredients.
- Book the Cabin Here: Chalet Robin des Bois in La Clusaz (France)
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 1 680
Rustic Charm: Cabins in Eastern Europe
If you’re looking for a rustic and charming winter getaway, Eastern Europe is the perfect destination. Countries like Romania, Czech Republic, and Poland offer traditional cabins with plenty of charm.
These cabins provide a chance to experience local culture and cuisine, as well as enjoy winter sports activities like skiing and snowboarding. Whether you’re looking for a cozy log cabin in the Carpathian Mountains or a traditional wooden chalet in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe has plenty to offer for a romantic winter escape.
The Old Mill in Romania
This charming cabin is located in a secluded valley near the village of Pesteana, in Transylvania. It is surrounded by misty forests and legends, and it has a rustic wooden exterior with stone walls and a thatched roof. The cabin has two bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, and a kitchenette. You can also enjoy the views of the Retezat mountains from the balcony or relax in the hammocks outside.
- Book the Cabin Here: The Old Mill in Romania
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 100
The Wooden House in Poland
This wooden house is situated on an island in Lake Bielany near Warsaw, Poland. It is one of only two wooden houses on the lake, which was built by hand by local craftsmen using traditional methods. The house has two bedrooms, a living room with a fireplace, and a kitchen with modern appliances. You can also enjoy the views of the lake from the large windows or take a boat trip to see other islands.
- Book the Cabin Here: The Wooden House in Poland
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 150
The Stone Cottage in Bulgaria
This stone cottage is located in a village called Koprivshtitsa near Sofia, Bulgaria. It is one of many stone cottages that date back to medieval times when this area was part of Bulgaria’s capital city. The cottage has one bedroom, a living room with a fireplace, and a kitchen with basic equipment. You can also enjoy the views of the countryside from the balcony or visit nearby historical sites.
- Book the Cabin Here: The Stone Cottage in Bulgaria
- Average Cost of the Cabin per night: € 80
Planning Your Winter Cabin Getaway: Tips and Advice
- Choose the right location: Look for a cabin that is situated in a scenic and secluded area, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You can choose from various destinations, such as Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, or North America, depending on your preferences and budget.
- Check the weather forecast: Make sure you are aware of the weather conditions in the area you are visiting, and pack accordingly. Bring warm clothes, boots, gloves, hats, and scarves, as well as a waterproof jacket and pants.
- Book in advance: Reserve your cabin well in advance to avoid last-minute disappointments. You can use websites like Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia.com, or Vrbo.com to find the best deals and discounts.
- Read the reviews: Check the reviews and ratings of the cabin you are interested in, to get an idea of what to expect. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or family who have been to similar cabins before.
- Pack smart: Pack light and smart, and bring only the essentials. You can use a checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything important, such as food, drinks, toiletries, medications, and entertainment.
- Prepare for emergencies: Make sure you have a first-aid kit, a flashlight, a map, a compass, and a phone with a backup battery or charger. You can also inform someone about your itinerary and expected return time, in case of an emergency.
Conclusion: A Romantic Winter Escape in Europe
Winter cabins in Europe offer a chance to escape with your loved one and enjoy a cozy and romantic atmosphere. Whether you’re looking for a snowy retreat in the Alps, a rustic cabin in Eastern Europe, or a secluded escape in the forest, there’s something for every couple to enjoy.
With luxurious amenities like hot tubs, fireplaces, and saunas, as well as plenty of opportunities for winter sports and activities, these cabins provide the perfect setting for a romantic winter getaway. So pack your bags, grab your loved one, and get ready to snuggle up in a cosy cabin in Europe.