Now this question was a burning topic when Greece Tourism shared that you can finally travel to Greece starting May 14.
In this post we will be covering about everything you need to know about travelling to Greece in Summer 2021 if you are planning to.
When can you travel to Greece in 2022?
In short here is the answer
Greek tourism minister Harry Theoharis has announced that the country is opening its borders on May 14. He said that all persons who have been vaccinated or who test negative could travel to Greece this summer.
For the detailed explanation and things you need to know you have to read further.
Now the Greece Tourism Ministry has currently share that the tourist who are planning to come to Greece should be either vaccinated, or have antibodies, or test negative. All tourists will be subject to random testing
Tourism is one of Greece’s primary income providers, which has made the country call on the EU executive bodies for vaccination certificates all over Europe to make travelling without restrictions possible.
What all things which you need to take care?
Along with the negative test report one other thing which is really important when you are travelling to Greece is the PLF form which is the Passenger Locator Form and you have to submit that.
What is PLF?
The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a key element in the planning. All travellers must complete their PLF until the day before entering the country and leaving the country, providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in other countries, and the address of their stay while in Greece. In case of multiple stays, they are required to provide the address for the first 24 hours at least. One PLF should be submitted per family.
- Travellers will receive a confirmation email upon submission of the PLF.
- Travellers will receive the PLF with their unique Quick Response (QR) code on the day of their scheduled arrival in Greece and will be notified via email (the QR code will be provided in a link in the confirmation email).
- Travellers boarding or embarking on the previous day of the arrival will be allowed to do so upon showing the confirmation email, since they will receive their QR code during their flight or voyage.
For you assistance you can submit the form by Start Here (travel.gov.gr)
Now I have shared my experience about travelling to Greece during Pandemic in my Youtube video and you can watch that out below, I have covered in detail about the PLF forms and the check which happens.
Also if you are interesting in watching the Travel Vlog and Top things to do in Athens then you can watch my Playlist Athens Travel Video Greece I am sure this is going to help you for your travel to Greece.
No I hope I have answered your question around When you can travel to GREECE in 2021?
Now let me help you out with your plan for Greece, We have written some really helpful post around planning your Greece Travel which you can check below
- 35 Absolute Best Things to do in Athens
- Athens Public Transport Guide | Getting around in Athens is Cheap in 3 ways
What are the top things to do in Athens?
We have covered this all in our interactive video on Youtube when you can give a watch or read in our above post.
- Athens Travel Story | Athens Cinematic Video – YouTube
- Athens Greece Travel Vlog | Ep – 1 | First Impression of Athens | Arriving in Athens – YouTube
- Athens Greece Travel Vlog | Ep-2 |Acropolis Tour – YouTube
- Athens Greece Travel Vlog | Episode – 3 | Plaka Street & Kalamaki Beach – YouTube
Want to Travel to Santorini?
Below is the video of Santorini and the current ongoing series on Youtube of Chasing Whereabouts which you can follow along.
That was all about when you can travel to Greece in 2021, Do let me know how you like this post and drop a comment if you are planning to travel to Greece.